Saturday, July 25, 2009

*EEB - August Sucked! (09-04-2008)

I'm not a pisser and moaner and I hate those people who can't seem to do more than that with their lives. Negativity breeds the negative and I'm so often the cheerleader whenever things get down. I mean of course things could be worse and I tell myself that all the time to get myself through but sometimes it's a basic requirement to lance the infection and bleed it out when the pressure gets to be too much.The month of August has truly sucked! Our truck got hit by a hit and run driver who caused over $3000 worth of damage. The positive is that we have insurance and even though the truck is 13 years old they fixed it rather than deny or total out the claim. It did cost us the deductible which I know we'll never recover. Oh yes, we had to make a deductible out of money that we had to borrow to cover our bills and expenses for the month of August because my husband finally filled out his paperwork to go from pre-retirement under Delphi to full retirement under GM but the promised 'smooth transition' crashed and burned when we found for the month of August we wouldn't be getting any money from either at all! GM would send us two checks at the beginning of September, we're waiting to see if that happens even now, but for August we were just S.O.L. The same for our insurance coverage - our coverage under Delphi was retro deactivated back to July 31 and coverage under GM was to begin August 1… Sure! We went to the doc for a sinus infection for my son, my husband had annual blood work done and it wasn't until we went to get the RX's for my son that we found that the insurance company doesn't have any of us as having coverage at all! The union rep has told us that any billing we get we are to bring to them and they will see that they are taken care of. I have little peace from this because I saw how fast the union worked at getting mishandled medical bills taken care of when my husband had a workers comp injury two years ago. Something is very wrong with a system that jeopardizes your credit because a company's ability to work sufficiently and in due time is about as fast as growing hair. Hell, going gray because of their insufficiency is faster than they accomplish anything! My biggest concern is that my son's RX for his Synthroid be honored

No comments:

Post a Comment