Saturday, July 25, 2009

*EEB - Summer's Heat (05-22-2008)

For those rare few who really know me, you know what this time of year means to me and how excited I am that it's here once more! For eight months out of the year I deal with the rollercoaster of my life as it comes but there is always this underlying sense of tension; sort of like there's always this presence of dreaded anticipation of what could possibly happen next. I'm sure this is more relevant to the rough few years that I've had in my life of late than seasonal depression that affects some people. I'm not going to piss and moan about that, this is a very happy time for me. Those issues still exist in my life but at this time of year my soul is soothed by sun and water and the trials and tribulations of life are somehow easier to handle. ..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
This is my season of Zen, when I experience the most enveloping serenity to my core. I don't know what it is about the feel of the warmth of the sun on my skin but it actually feels like as soon as the heat touches my skin it spreads like a wave throughout my body, literally washing over and through me, making the small hairs stand up over my skin. *grins* I've come to the conclusion that I'm solar powered. One of the most pleasurable and simplistic erotic experiences I have in my life happens just from laying on a lounge chair beside the pool while the ebb and flow of a breeze carries the rays of the sun over my body; occasionally catching the mist of the water to caress my flesh with a tingling moist kiss. (Yes folks, this isn't just poetic prose, I think just as descriptively as I write. As any given experience is taking place sensations are truly poetic and artistic in their existence if you're open to experiencing them fully) I'm sure I'd find the same experience if I were relaxing anywhere in the sun and by water. This combination of sensation brings me a peace to my being that I find at no other time of the year because I just don't have access to these elements any other time as I do between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day. This is the time when the pool we go to is open. Ok, it's more than just a pool, they call it an aquatic center which means its big pool with some nice extras like an inner tube slide, a body slide, the diving board and the dump tube slide, a sand large volleyball area, the wet sand play area, a concession area and surrounded by a large area of parkland. A full summer's worth of all this for a family of four non residents of the city for $190, cheapest and longest vacation anyone could ever hope for! We've had a family pass there for about eight or nine years so there's comfort in the familiarity of the place as well as the people – our pool family as we call each other. *laughs*
I've known what medical science is just finding out, being outside in the sun does wonders to heighten your sense of well being and contentment. At least it does for me. There's also the absorption of vitamin D. As much as I'd like to sun bathe nude that's impossible at a public pool but make no mistake that I do expose as much as I can get away with to my own comfort and I have plenty of flesh to expose as my own personal solar panels! *grins* Yes, I use sun block, all summer long in fact. I begin at a 30 SPF, using that for at least the first full month before I gradually step down to a 15, 8 then 4 by the end of the summer. I hate to burn and I don't want skin cancer. I'm a natural born red head so my skin is fair. That's fine for the non summer months; I give my skin that time to heal for what I put it through during the summer. The contrast of how pale my skin isn't tanned to that which is will be incredibly striking. (Again, here's the reason why I so wish I could sunbath nude because I hate how stark the contrast is from the exposed skin to where my suit covers me) Being a redhead I don't tan to brown skin. I do get dark but my skin always has a coppery red tone. No matter how tan I am when I've been in the sun for any length of time I glow red for the first few hours after I get out of the sun. I think my auburn hair just emphasizes the coppery hue of my skin too. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone has been startled when they looked at me and told me I'd gotten burnt when I hadn't. I've gotten to the point that I actually avoid going into places after time outside just to keep from hearing the repetition!
Anyway, I get a bit crazed for opening weekend. I've already got my bag packed up with all the essentials. Any other year I'd be cracking the whip to get us all out the door to be one of the first in line for when the gates opened. This year will be a bit different. My son has to work so we'll have to drop him off early in the morning and shortly after that we'll be heading to my nephew's high school graduation. *smile* Let that be a measurement of how much I love my nephew that I would think nothing of being late the first day of pool season to be there for him where we're the last things he'll even care about! Of course I'll only be about an hour and a half late for the pool at the most and one of the pool family will hold us a couple chairs… *laughs* Like I said, I have this very well planned out! My son will get off work and join us at the pool later if he wants, we'll be there the whole day every day this coming weekend. After that the pool won't begin regular season hours till the following weekend and at that point I'll be there any time I don't have other obligations. During the week my husband will meet me there once he gets off work. I will have taken the bus there in the morning so the only time we'll expend extra for gas is during the weekends.Ah yes, now there's an interesting aspect of the summer, public transportation… I'm fortunate that my town has a fairly extensive bus system. It gets me where I need to go overall. The people who use it are an interesting blend. I like to observe people, they're a fascinating enigma and I enjoy the mental exercise of puzzling out their actions and behaviors. So the summer gives me the chance to indulge in my greatest pleasure as well as sharpen my senses and skills all at the same time. *grins* One of those will inevitably be fending off the advances of total strangers. Ah summer heat – it strikes in more ways than one! I am oh so glad that it's again here at last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment